Friday, August 12, 2011

Aarti Chhabria kKK4 proved I am not a delicate darling

KKK4 proved I am not a delicate darling: Aarti Chhabria

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/television/kkk4-proved-i-am-not-a-delicate-darling-121976&cp
New Delhi: She has emerged victorious at the end of a gruesome run on the fourth season of Khatron Ke Khiladi and Aarti Chhabria said the show has helped her come out of the "delicate darling" image.
The 28-year-old actress, who beat fellow contestant Mauli Dave to clinch the top spot in the reality contest after performing risky stunts, said the show helped express the daredevil in her.
"I had never thought of participating in such a show, but I guess I had a daredevil side to me which made me take it up. People think I am a delicate darling and the show was a good opportunity to come out of that image," Aarti told PTI.

The actress, who has starred in films like Tumse Achcha Kaun Hai and Shootout at Lokhandwala, puts her win down to the show's host, actor Akshay Kumar, saying he is her lucky charm.

Aarti says the 44-year-old actor has been a good host and a great support throughout the show.

"Akshay has always been lucky for me. I worked with him in Awaara Pagal Deewana and made a small appearance in Heyy Babyy - both films were hits. He was very encouraging on Khatron. I used to call him my guru. He was all praises about my indomitable spirit," she said.

Khatron Ke Khiladi is the Indian version of US reality game show Fear Factor, where contestants are required to perform daring stunts, both on land and in water.

"The scariest stunt for me was the one in which I was buried in sand inside a box and 101 rats were let loose over me. It was claustrophobic and a very dirty feeling," said Aarti.

The actress said she went through extensive training before embarking on the show, which was shot in extensive locales in South Africa.

This was her first reality show ever but the actress said winning it doesn't mean she is open to participating in more of them as she wants to concentrate on her acting career.

"Acting is my passion. I have a number of film offers that I am looking at. I don't want to take up more reality shows right now. I have been approached to host a few, which I think is a better thing to do.

"Khatron Ke Khiladi was not a career move for me. I took it up for personal satisfaction. My career lies solely in acting," said Aarti, who was last seen in Dus Tola opposite Manoj Bajpai.

Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria
Aarti Chhabria

Aarti Chhabria

No comments:

Post a Comment